Duetting: Nick Cave & Blixa Bargeld, circa 1994
An Evening Of Reading, Music and Conversation with Nick Cave
The Death Of Bunny Munro
As lead singer of The Birthday Party, The Bad Seeds and Grinderman, Nick Cave has been performing music for more than 30 years. And even though his career as an author was much less active over the years, he did begin one 20 years ago with his debut novel “And the Ass Saw the Angel”. His second novel “The Death of Bunny Munro” is going to be released in Germany on September, 24th 2009 and will be presented in a very special way at Hamburg’s Kampnagel. Nick Cave will not only read selected extracts from his new novel accompanied by live music from Warren Ellis and Martyn Casey, but will be joined by his friend and long-term member of The Bad Seeds, Blixa Bargeld. The lead singer of Einstürzende Neubauten, who read in the German audiobook, is as well reading extracts of the book during the evening. Moreover the musicians will play a selection of songs from Cave’s extensive catalogue and fans will be given the rare opportunity to interact with the shows, as Cave takes questions from the audience. VENUE/TIX/LINK
By Nick Cave
German Edition Audio Book
(6 CDs | 427 min)
Blixa Bargeld, Rede Speech performance, Italy 2009. Photo: Ranessa
No, we won’t be weeping long…
Blixa onstage with Grinderman @ Slim’s, San Francisco, 2007
Nick Cave, Waterstone’s, London 8 Sep 2009. Photo: Neil Mockford/Getty Images
A Night With Nick Cave
Nick Cave has announced a series of events throughout Europe to coincide with the publication of The Death of Bunny Munro. Taking place in intimate theatre settings these unique shows will be a mix of readings and live music, with Cave joined by Warren Ellis and Martyn Casey.
- 11th October: Palace Theatre, London, UK. Tickets on sale 7th September.
- 12th October: Vicar Street, Dublin, Ireland. Tickets on sale 10th September.
- 13th October: Picture House, Edinburgh, UK. Tickets on sale 7th September.
- 14th October: Royal Theater Carre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Tickets on sale 12th September.
- 15th October: Arenbergschouwburg, Antwerp, Belgium. Tickets on sale 19th September.
- 17th October: Kampnagel, Hamburg, Germany. Tickets on sale 11th September.
- 19th October: Theatre Marigny, Paris, France. Tickets on sale 10th September.
- 20th October: China Theatre, Stockholm, Sweden. Tickets on sale 10th September.
- 22nd October: Teatro Dal Verme, Milan, Italy. Tickets on sale 7th September.
- 24th October: Casino Alianca Poble Nou, Barcelona, Spain. Tickets on sale 15th September.
- 25th October: Palace Theatre, London, UK. Tickets on sale 7th September.
- ‘Bunny Munro’ Events:
- Audiobook Chapters:
http://www.thedeathofbunnymunro.com/audiobook.html (up to ch 4)
http://www.thedeathofbunnymunro.com/videos.html (ch 17)
- nickcaveandthebadseeds forum discussion on Bunny Munro: