New bytes, music, film, books, articles, reviews, releases, etc:
Due May 2010: Nick Cave: A Study of Love, Death and Apocalypse by Roland Boer
1. Searching the Holy Books
2. The Total Depravity of Cave’s Literary World
3. Some Routine Atrocity, or Apocalyptic
5. God, Pain and the Love Song
6. Jesus of the Mon, or Christology
7. Hearing Round Corners: Nick Cave Meets Ernst Bloch
Conclusion: Gates to the Garden – The Search for Redemption
Equinox Publishing (abstract/details) Cover by Jeff Iffe
NICK CAVE NOTEBOOK:
– View pages from Nick Cave’s notebooks at The Bad Seeds official site
CANNES FILM FESTIVAL:
– Rumour has it that The Wettest County (renamed Lawless), the film collaboration from John Hillcoat and Nick Cave, will be on the Cannes Film Festival 2012 lineup.
– Blixa Bargeld recently mentioned that he plans to attend a conference on music downloading and copyright enforcement at Cannes 2012.
– Official site: Cannes 2012 Festival
Mick Harvey & JP Shilo music + Autoluminescent review under the cut!
– ‘The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends’ album will be released on April 21st. Limited editions will contain small blood samples from the collaborators.
AUTOLUMINESCENT (short article/review):
– Rowland S. Howland: Death of the Party (New Zealand Herald, Mar 31, 2012)
“Rowland wanted the film finished whatever happened and facing mortality was one of the reasons he first wanted us to make it,” says Richard Lowenstein, who with Lynn-Maree Milburn produced Autoluminescent.
“He said the film should be [as much] about chronicling what was happening to him at the time as it was about recording the past.”
– Mick Harvey and JP Shilo – Sonny Boy
From ‘The Journey Is Long’ by the Jeffrey Lee Pierce Sessions Project